The 2019 season preview live show aired on Wednesday afternoon, and we’ve got you covered in case you missed it.
INTERVIEW WITH THE COMMISH
Overwatch League commissioner Nate Nanzer stopped by to discuss a wide range of topics, including the strength of the fan community, league expansion, the importance of reaching a global audience, the construction of the 2019 schedule, why the league focused on giving players more breaks, fan interactions in home markets, plans for syncing game patches during the season, and teams hosting games in their home cities.
During the show, we revealed the full Week 1 schedule:
Here’s the Week 1 schedule on TV:
The rest of the regular-season schedule will be unveiled on Wednesday, December 12, at 8 a.m. PST.
Our inaugural season was a rollercoaster of excitement. Check out this great recap to get caught up:
During the show, insider Emily Tang showed how fans have been reacting to the new teams in China (Chengdu Hunters, Guangzhou Charge, and Hangzhou Spark) on social media:
BEST OF THE REST
Other topics covered in the show:
- We dove into the rosters for all 20 teams, including the eight new teams joining the Overwatch League
- We interviewed London Spitfire general manager Susie Kim to get her take on the expectations for the 2018 season champs
- We looked backed at the metas that defined the 2018 season
- The desk discussed how Ashe might fit into the next meta and went behind the scenes with Overwatch character designer Geoff Goodman to look at how the new hero was developed
- Malik Forté talked to Atlanta Esports Ventures president and CEO Paul Hamilton about how the Atlanta Reign roster was built and connecting to fans in Atlanta
- We sat down with a few players to get their take on the 2019 season, including Paris Eternal support Harrison “Kruise” Pond, Houston Outlaws DPS Dante “Danteh” Cruz, and San Francisco Shock support Nikola “Sleepy” Andrews
Catch the entire show below, and be sure to visit us on December 12 to see our full regular-season schedule reveal.